After the much-awaited wait for its flagship SUV, TATA has finally released the new Hexa starting at about 11.99 Lakh INR. Filled with a ton of features, this car is set to rival the other SUVs in the segment like the Toyota Innova Crysta and the Mahindra XUV. With the market already filled with Toyota and Mahindra SUVs, TATA aims to make a comeback and topple the market with the premium SUV – the Hexa. So, what makes this 7-seater flagship stand out in front of its competitors? Here are 5 reasons why you could consider buying the Tata Hexa.
- Off-roading or Highway Riding– It’s an all in one package: Tyres and brakes are vital for any road condition. Tata is offering a wide range of variants in the Hexa. For the XE, XM, and the XMA base variants, Tata offers 16-inch steel wheels with a 235/70 R16 tyre type. For the higher XT, XTA, and the XT 4×4 variants, 19-inch alloys are standard with a 235/55 R19 configuration. Both the front and the rear brakes are disc, offering a good stopping power with ABS as standard. You need not worry, going hard on the brakes at top speeds, the car will stop in no time.
- The car can pull a Boeing 737! Yes, you read that right! The powerful 2.2 L engine can pull the 737-300 passenger aircraft with much ease. In case, there is any shortage of commercial vehicles to pull aircrafts at the airport, then the Tata Hexa could be a perfect replacement if given a chance!
- Road Presence: For some people, road presence could be much more important than performance. This car is certainly very appealing to the eye, and you can expect quite a few stares of awe when you pass a nice stretch of road. The car is 1.9 meters wide, 1.8 meters tall, and almost 4.8 meters long – the car certainly looks massive! The front DRLs make the car look impressive and majestic.
- Feature loaded with top-notch quality: Tata cars have generally been known to provide cost-cutting, high-quality features in all their products. The Hexa is no different. With the top-end version, you will feel like you own a premium car with best-in-class features. A 10-speaker JBL system syncs well with the infotainment system. With 6 airbags, traction control, powerful AC, climate control, automatic dimming headlamps, cruise control, hill hold/descent control, and a hundred other features, the car has a lot on offer. Interior lighting is a great touch in this segment, and you can choose from 8 colours!
- It is powerful – fast and furious: With options of either a 6-speed automatic and a 6-speed manual gear system, this 2.2L turbocharged diesel engine churns out a massive 156 PS of power at 400 NM of torque. The car redlines at about 4500 RPM. There are no paddle shifters, but the dynamic mode of the car is certainly a good touch. The other mode is the economy mode with traction control at either on/off.
So, is the Tata Hexa the best car for you? Tata has priced the car attractively – not too high, and not too low for the ton of features it has on offer. If you want a sporty car and go on a lot of trips with a large group of people, then the Hexa is the best car for you.